Are you trapped in a state of negative fizz? It isn’t huge, almost imperceptible at times, but it is always there eating at your joy.
As in low grade: negative, anxious ruminating?
- self deprecating, reproachful thoughts?
- fight or flight mode?
- worry about the future?
- Let’s start with the basics, always start with the basics. Are you eating well, sleeping, exercising, and getting outside?
- Are you taking time for mindfulness? 3 minutes a day is all you need, remember!
- Take time to play! Do something for the fun of it. Read a book, make some music, create art, kick the ball around, toss a frisbee, ride a bike, climb a tree, dance!
- Dedicate some time each week or month to service. Give back to your community. Look at your values and what matters most to you, find an organization that adheres to those same values and volunteer your time and talents!
- Socialize. Get together with a friend or family member. Go out for coffee, a walk or dinner. Be face to face without cell phones. You will have deeper conversations and greater satisfaction if you focus on the real live people you are meeting.